This Casa Agave™ brush is an easy replacement for your plastic dishwashing and vegetable brushes in the kitchen and home.
- White teakwood handle (antibacterial) and medium weight agave fibre bristles making it ideal for general dishwashing
- 100% compostable
- Replaces plastic dish brushes
- Can be used to wash general dishes to loosen stuck on food and vegetables that need a good scrub
- Brush handle is made of White Teakwood
Longevity: Each brush can be used for 1-3 months. Make sure to not submerge or soak the wooden parts in water. Hang to dry or place in a dry spot after using it.
- Dip bristles in vinegar occasionally to help kill bacteria (especially if brush isn't staying dry)
- Continue using brush until bristles no longer work
- When discarding brush: compost or bury in garden
Storage and Care: To reduce cracking, keep the wood parts dry and do not soak or submerge them in water.
Place in a completely dry spot: Hang to dry or place in a completely dry spot after using it. Do not rest the brush on top of your solid dish soap between dish washing sessions, the natural bristles will wick up excess water and cause the handle to crack.
Why it matters: Plastic bristle scrub brushes shed tiny pieces of plastic called micro plastics. Unfortunately these tiny plastic pieces are not filtered out fully by sewage treatment. So when you hear about the "Great Pacific Garbage Patch" the majority of this garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean is actually tiny pieces of plastic that aren't even visible to the human eye.
These tiny plastic pieces are being eaten by marine animals and ending up in the food chain and our tap water, being consumed by humans. Help us turn off the plastic tap and choose a more sustainable option for humans and the planet.